Monday, June 19, 2006

Starting with my "NAME"

Ok Guys after going through many blogs I felt like expressing my self which opens up an oppurtunity for me to start a Blog of my own. So this is how it goes starting with a tale of my lenghty NAME.

On the other day while browsing through www.answers.com I noticed the tag the website carries for it self "the world's greatest encyclodictionalmanacapedia". I think the website would like to lengthen the final word of the tag in the future, of course with extra features added to it would be preferable but Guys to tell you I don't fancy in having a long name. Ohh forgot to mention my Peter Crouch like(in height) name goes like this "Chenreddy Vijay Kumar Reddy".

First word comes from my ancestors which I hate to be addressed with but unfortunately I am staying in a place where people are addressed with there forname. You know what people even my ID card in the college carries my forename which was not the case previously. One strong reason for my aversion to the forename is the way people pronounce it. They spell it in such an awkward manner that I have to rush myself to respond to the addendance call before the other person start reading out my name, making life simpler for him as well as me. The bottom line is never address me with my forename, if you don't heed to my request I will play for you that disgusting "HDFC Life Insurance advertisement" which will definitely serve as a punishment. If that doesn't pay off you will force me to use even more embarrassing Doordarshan advertisements.

Enough of my forename, there's some thing to tell you about the second word of my name. The long name in itself was a big headache and as if this wasn't enough my name used to spell "Vijaya" instead of "Vijay" till my tenth standard just because of a silly spelling mistake by my uncle in my childhood. Thank god I got rid of that additional "a" in my tenth class with an application to alter my name, if not things would have been embarrassing. May be having an additional "a" would have increased my Visitors hitlist in Orkut or it would have increased my scraps list with the message "Hai, wanna be frnds" before the other person realizes that I am a male.

Coming to "Kumar" It's a mistery which is eluding me as well as my parents why there's a Kumar in my name. When I inquire my parents abt it they say that it was added just like that. JUST LIKE THAT.... Oh God consider my pain of writing the whole name where ever required and I have to do this n number of times in my life. My desperation to get rid of this kumar forced me to put my shoulder to the wheel which eventually failed to yeild the desired result. Phew.... There's not much to tell you abt the tail of my name i.e Reddy as I have nothing to complain on it.

After all is said and done I urge you to address me with "Vijay" or "Vijju". After all it's good to have a small name which would make things easier for the people and the person holding the name. Isn't it good to address Ronaldinho as "Ronaldinho" instead of "Ronaldo de Assis Moreira" or Chaminda Vaas as "Chaminda Vaas" instead of "Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas". Now don't even try to read the whole name you will be lost before ending it. If at all they are to be addressed with their real names I will definitely demand for a hike in the salaries of Harsha Bhogle and his likes.

So people it's your choice to make whether you want me to be addressed as "Vijay or Vijju" or as "Chenreddy Vijay Kumar Reddy or Chenreddy". The prior one would win you a pleasant and inspiring "Airtel advertisement " and the latter would take you to a disgusting "HDFC Life Insurance advertisement or a Doordarshan Ad". In the end it's your choice...

This is my first post and I feel that I could have made it more effective with the help of emoticons...After all that is the power of Human Expression (courtesy Airtel) :) ....

4 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Deepu said...

ahh good start..

we may call you PSRinho..

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Mohan Kodali said...

come on!!! there are girls dying to spell ur name and here ur complainin abt it :o

we would call u vijay not for the name tho'.. aversion to the hdfc Ad u c

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Pavan said...

wow.. lengthy post.. but i wud still prefer calling u beckham... :D

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Satish said...

Nice start man! hoping to see more posts.
I prefer calling u "vijay" and even "beckham" as pavan said :P

and u shud know the full name of kishore. It goes like this:-
"Pavan Naga Venkata Ratna Ravi Kishore Yalamanchi"

may be ppl like u shud start a community in orkut called "Long Names" :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home